Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The feds are coming

I work for the Alberta Provincial Govt. In intergovernmental relations I might add. I see everyday how badly the idea watertight compartments for constitutional powers is preverted. They are somewhat like the compartments in the titianic... they do not go right to the ceiling. They are, a lot like 6 mil poly in that they bulge and wrinkle everywhere. The feds are coming for us, just as they always have been. The difference is that they once again have enough eastern heads and backs to stand on to scramble over the wall into our compartment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon Koch said...

You may remember me referring to post-independence Quebec as the S.S. Titanic back at university.

I bet there's a few more separatists working in Intergovernmental Affairs these days, eh Noneck?

;)

4:25 PM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Welcome aboard the sinking ship... ;-) .. I'll add you to the list.

Good post, I would say it was to deep for me, but there still coming.. :-(

4:38 PM  
Blogger Aizlynne said...

Welcome to the blogging world nonneck... you've been added to my blogging list... always good to have an inside edge... lol.

7:11 PM  
Blogger NoNeck said...

j. Intergovernmental relations is full of people that are by their very nature and sadly, their experience, inherently suspicious of the feds. Every day, you just wait to see what cash grab, resource grab, jusrisdiction grab or power grab they can come up with using the taxing and spending powers.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home