Monday, September 12, 2005

It's the Time, of the Season... To be Bought off

Well folks. The time has come once again when the federal government has decided to bribe Canadians with Alberta's money. Thats right, I am speaking of rebates to defray energy costs for heating this winter.

As we all know, there is a half assed rebate program in Alberta that goes directly to Enmax, Trans-Alta or Direct Energy if the price of gas creeps above a certain amount during the period between November and March. This sort levels out the price shocks that the AEUB seems unable to say no to. This type of system while crappy is not really what pissed me off.

No. What pisses me off is that the federal government suddenly takes notice and says. oh boy there is an election coming.. we need top of mind, pocket book issues to hitch oursleves to. It wont be far behind for them to say " we are with you.. Canadians (read Ontarians), we think gas and energy costs are too high. But that damn Fat Alberta doesn't want to be any lower so until we can make them see reason here is $500 bones to remind you of who your friend is. Remember to vote Liberal in the upcoming election and we wont bother you again for Four years. Unless those scary Rednecks want to change the Charter or the Senate"

Yeah it is indeed the time.......

6 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

They wouldn't dare mention the over 40% in taxes on that fuel now either, would they. You know where I say they can shove there rebate, don't ya.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Aizlynne said...

Hey - speak for yourself... I'll take my tax money back however I can get it... but I ain't no dummy.

I see Ralphie has jumped on the same bandwagon so between me collecting EI right now and the gas tax rebates, I may actually make most of my tax money back this year! Wow - that will be first time in like - 25 years.

Keep us posted on the ongoing shennanigans in Edmonton and Ottawa - we appreciate it!

11:16 AM  
Blogger ABFreedom said...

Sorry Aizlynne, just meant they should dump some taxes instead of giving us our own money back.

4:16 PM  
Blogger lennytaft9327 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

12:23 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Just wanted to let you know: my blog readers and I have come to a decision - our counter to the Liberal movement to "wear black" and "wear red" on Fridays "until our troops come home", will be "Operation Green shirt/ Yellow ribbon".

On Fridays, to show our support for the troops AND their mission, we will wear green, and to show our hope for them to come home safe, soon, and victorious, we will also wear a yellow ribbon on our lapel or around our wrists.(pictures at my site soon) Please spread the word any way you can! Thanks in advance.

4:50 PM  
Blogger simonharis9814788054 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home